Yoga is a physical, mental, and relaxing exercise that you can practice at home in the greatest calm. With regular and disciplined daily practice, even 15-minute sessions are enough to bring you the results you are looking for, losing weight.
Which yoga style is best to lose weight?
A healthy mind in a dream body, we say yes! And if you want them quickly, you should consider these types of yoga, which are known to give faster results. How? By combining yoga and very dynamic movement.
Bikram Yoga. Very popular with the stars (Lilly Allen, Jennifer Aniston...), Bikram yoga is based on the same principles as power yoga. Very tonic and effective, it allows you to build up your muscles harmoniously and to quickly lose your unsightly kilos.
- Please note: before practicing these 2 types of yoga, it is essential to make an appointment with your doctor to see if there is any incompatibility with this type of exercise in a heated room.
Ashtanga yoga. Coming straight from India, this method of yoga is based on breathing exercises performed in synchronization with classical yoga postures. Objective: to produce and release intense internal heat to purify our body and muscles.
Salsa therapy yoga. As its name suggests, this method combines salsa with breathing and relaxation exercises from yoga. Very quickly, you will feel your body more toned and lighter.
Yin yoga is becoming a very popular attraction because it focuses on connective tissues. Practicing Yin will strengthen the ligaments and the bones. It also improves the joints and helps to maintain the tissues, which connect all of these. The attraction of Yin Yoga is the fact that most of these are not exercised during regular yoga. The practice of Yin is a more complete workout of everything surrounding the muscles, which will help to improve them and the muscles.
Yoga pilates fusion as its name might suggest is inspired by Pilates workouts.
It combines physical effort with breathing control exercises. This magnificent cocktail strengthens the muscles, resulting in an elegant and graceful body.
5 Best Yoga Poses to Lose Weight
1. Bhujangasana |Cobra pose
This exercise strengthens the abdominal muscles and reduces abdominal fat. The application of the Cobra also strengthens the back, the abdomen, and more globally the whole body. It also has the benefits of softening and strengthening the spine.
- - Lie on your stomach, legs stretched out.
- - Place your palms on the floor, below your shoulders.
- - Make sure your chin and toes touch the floor.
- - Breathe in and slowly lift your chest, try to raise your back as much as possible.
- - Once you look like a cobra, at least in the pose, hold the position for 15 - 30 seconds depending on your ability.
- - On an exhalation, rest your whole body on the floor in the initial position.
- - Repeat this at least 5 times with a relaxation period of 15 seconds after each repetition.
- Do not do this pose if you have back injuries, hernia. If you are pregnant, do not do this exercise.
2. Dhanurasana | Bow Pose
The bow's posture is also ideal for strengthening the abdominal strap. This exercise gives your abdomen a complete massage. It activates the digestive system, fights constipation, and is a good stretch for the back.
- - Lie on your stomach, legs stretched out, arms placed on each side of the body.
- - Then bend your knees and reach your ankles with your hands.
- - As you breathe in, lift and bend your head back. At the same time, lift your legs as high as you can.
- - Hold this position for 15-30 seconds. Breathe normally while holding the pose.
- - As you exhale, slowly bring your body back to the prone position.
- - Repeat this 5 times with a relaxation of 15 seconds after each repetition.
3. NAUKASANA | Boat Yoga Pose
One of the best yoga postures for a flat stomach. It is also good for the stomach and helps to strengthen the back and leg muscles.
- - Lie on your back, legs stretched out, arms along the body.
- - As you breathe in, begin to raise your legs without bending your knees.
- - Raise your legs as high as possible.
- - Now raise both arms straight up and try to reach your toes.
- - Try to get as close as possible to a 45-degree angle.
- - Breathe normally and hold this pose for at least 15 seconds.
- - Exhale slowly and release.
- - Repeat this at least 5 times with a relaxing 15-second break between each repetition.
4. KUMBHAKASANA BOARD
Quite simply the best exercise to lose stomach. It eliminates fat around the abdominals, strengthens and tones arms, shoulders, back, buttocks, thighs, nothing but!
- - Put yourself in place, breathing in. Lie down, arms outstretched, palms of hands on the floor (fingers well distributed).
- - Your body should form a straight line from your heels to your head.
- - Hold this position for 15-30 seconds or longer for best results.
- - Release the pose by resting your knees on the floor as you exhale.
- - If you have back problems, shoulder injuries, or high blood pressure, avoid this pose.
- - Repeat at least 5 times with 15-second breaks.
5. WIND RELEASE POSE PAVANAMUKTASANA
This yoga pose allows a colon massage. It regulates the stomach acid level, constipation, relieves back pain. Also, this posture tones the abdominal muscles and hips.
- - Lie on your back, arms on either side of your body, and feet extended. The heels should touch.
- - Bend your knees and on exhalation, gradually bring the bent knees towards your chest, apply pressure to the abdomen with your thighs.
- - Hold the knees firmly in place by squeezing your hands under your thighs.
- - Again on exhalation, raise your head to allow your chin to touch your knees.
- - Hold the position for 60 to 90 seconds, while breathing deeply.
- - Exhale slowly, then release your knees. Place your hands on each side of your body, palms facing down.
- - Repeat this at least 5 times with 15-second pauses.
For effective and visible results, do 5 repetitions of each exercise at least 3 times a week. It is also ideal to practice these yoga postures in the morning when you wake up. This will stimulate your metabolism and get your body on the right track.
These exercises are not suitable for everyone. Do not practice these poses if you are pregnant, have recently undergone surgery, or if you have back leg or other injuries. If you feel pain, discomfort, dizziness while practicing do not continue.