I have now circumnavigated the sun 45 times. What a hoot, while at the same time what a messed up car crash it was too. I’ve been to hell and back and also experienced some of the most amazing blissful moments. I think there comes a point in everyone’s life when we find our purpose, our grounding, ourselves, and a future to float into with carefree abandonment. Every day has its issues and mental discharge but it’s never been better. Everyone has their own journey but this is what I can tell you about mine so far.
1. Don’t trust anyone but love them anyway. People are just flesh bags of bad programming that cause them to do all sort of weird shit. It’s really not their fault but that of the world we grew up in and the automatic programming we got from our parents who incidentally are also not to blame as they too had to grow up in this crazy world.
2. Have no expectations. Easier said than done sometimes but the suffering caused by having expectations from either people or things you would like to happen will just lead to unhappiness.
3. Follow your dreams and never let them go. The fire in your belly should burn with great intentions. Share them with people, write them down, create a 5 or 10 year plan to make them happen. Only when we put our thoughts into language and share them does the universe deliver.
4. Recognise the negativity in your life and work at transforming it. You cannot control the negative people in your life so sometimes you just have to let them go. We are all born into an addictive machine. We are kept trapped in an illusory world dictated by our addictions, demands, and expectations. Only we know what we have to let go of or work at conquering.
5. Connect with the people you love and create a bond for you will always be there for one another when the going gets tough. Sometimes we have to go back and resolve arguments to get some of our most precious relationship back on track. The trick is to love the person for the human they are not the negativity we’ve created for them in ourselves.
6. Recognise your ego and talk to it. Don’t let it get its own way or it will drag you into all sort of negativity. It’s only interested in satisfaction. A little starvation will keep in check.
7. Learn EFT and to meditate. These are the two most effective tools I have come across for a quick resolution of anxiety and depression. Although this is not a cure for depression it sure can help get you through the bad times.
8. Give generously. I’m not just talking about money, but your positive intentions, your love, your smile. When I changed my perspective on this it just started coming back to me in all areas of my life.
9. Be grateful. I used to be such a victim of life that I forgot to look at what I actually had. A world of absolute wonder. Some people are born and never see the light of day. I’d rather have my journey. And for that I am grateful. Gratitude actually lifts your mood and keeps the fire in your belly burning.
10. Money DOES make you happy. And so do a pocket full of marbles. It’s all about how you use them. Same with anything, if we chase something because we are looking for happiness then we are more likely to end up unhappy. If we chase something because we have a positive intention and purpose then happiness will follow as will whatever you are chasing.
11. Learn to love yourself. It’s taken me a lifetime but I can now look in the mirror and say “I love you”. Some of us are fortunate enough to have been brought up with a nice slice of self-worth, some of us are not. Louise Hays, “You can heal your Life” is a self-worth changer. Affirmations, affirmations, affirmations.
12. Find your compassion. My biggest regret if I allowed myself to have regrets would be that I didn’t find my compassion sooner.
13. And to end on 13, don’t be superstitious. It’s a wasted thought process that uses negativity to form a belief system. People live quite happily without them where as people who choose to live with them are held back and hindered in life. Even if it is a positive one, if you forget to do whatever ritual comes with it you are back to negativity. And thoughts create our illusory world so you decide what happens next.